As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make a great Grilled Taco Pizza that can be done gluten-free as well!
Let me introduce you to my sweet love affair with grilled pizza. Oh wait, I’ve already done that, haven’t I? I absolutely LOVE grilled pizza.
This time of year, it’s almost a weekly event at our home to have a grilled pizza piled high with a variety of toppings. This particular night we decided to turn this into a taco pizza.
How do you make Grilled Taco Pizza?
Now, my husband loves to eat this just like a pizza; however, I prefer to cut it up a bit and eat it with a fork. I know, it’s blasphemy…pizza with a fork!
My kids love this too, so it has definitely turned into a favorite around our home. My daughter is practically shoveling it into her mouth. It’s a bit messy to eat but it’s worth it.
To make our version of a taco pizza, we basically make our favorite taco salad and pile it high on top of a grilled pizza crust.
If you want to make it with chicken, check out my chicken version over on Food Fanatic.
It’s Friday Night, time for pizza! Ready for dinner? Eat up!
- 1 Prepared Pizza Dough, Gluten Free or Regular
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
- 1 15 Oz Can of Ranch Style Beans
- Black Olives
- 1 Large Tomato, Diced (Optional)
- 1 Cup Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
- 2 Cups Fritos
- Catalina Salad Dressing
- Using the prepared pizza dough, roll it out and shape it for the crust. Place it on a sheet of greased foil, then set aside.
- Brown the ground beef combining with the taco seasoning per the package instructions and set aside.
- Warm the grill up to medium-high heat, then carefully place the pizza on the grill, foil side down.
- Let this grill for about 5 minutes on one side; watch it closely as the grill time may vary and you do not want the bottom to burn, just lightly toast it.
- Carefully remove the pizza from the grill and flip it over, remember it will be hot.
- At this point the uncooked side would be facing down. Working quickly, remove the foil, then spread the ranch style beans evenly on the cooked side of the pizza crust, which should be facing up.
- Let this continue grilling for about 5 minutes until the bottom is fully cooked, watch it closely.
- Once it's done, remove and top with the remaining toppings.
- Right before serving add the Fritos and Dressing.