Grilling season is in full swing at our house and that means Grilled Potato Skins! I’m sharing this recipe in partnership with The Produce Gathering, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Now, let’s get to these Grilled Potato Skins.
The only thing better than potato skins is Grilled Potato Skins. I can’t begin to tell you how much I love grilled potatoes. We decided to make our grilled potato skins with our produce from The Produce Gathering, they actually paired perfectly with our steaks.
I decided to warm the potatoes up in the oven first, you can warm them up in the microwave too. At this point, you just want to get them soft enough to cut them in half and then scoop out the inside. I like to save the insides and make mashed potatoes, but you can do whatever you want to with the inside.
Once I have that scooped out, I mix together a little bit of olive oil and garlic salt, then I rub it on each of the skins. When that is done, we put them on the grill on medium-high heat for about 5-10 minutes until crispy. Lastly, it’s all about the toppings.
A few of our favorites include sour cream, cheese, chives, and even BBQ chicken. There always has to be bacon too in our family, it’s just necessary. I’m even thinking of topping them with grilled corn salsa too! How delicious does that sound? Not to mention healthy too!
Right now you can pick up your produce at The Produce Gathering and they are now offering a completely organic option too. We like to pick up the family size produce basket, it typically last us over a week. The sale is every other week, so I’m normally running low just about the time another sale comes up.
Are you ready for these Grilled Potato Skins? It’s time to fire up the grill!
Grilled Potato Skins
- 4 Baking Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- Toppings: Sour Cream Chives, Chives, Bacon, BBQ Chicken, Etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Poke the potato with a fork a few places around it. Then, place on a baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour, until the potato is soft.
- Once cooled, cut lengthwise in half, then scoop out the inside leaving the outer shell with just a bit of the potato flesh.
- Mix together the olive oil and garlic salt, then brush on the skins.
- Place on the grill on medium-high heat skin side down for about 5-10 minutes until crispy.
- Top with desired toppings.