Grilled Mac & Cheese Sandwiches are one that your kids will be begging for!
I’m sharing my easy KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #Youknowyouloveit
I have mentioned before that growing up, we basically lived on KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner. It was one of the few things my sister could easily make us for lunch and something we both loved.
As I have ventured more into cooking over the past years, I’ve gotten more creative with our basic KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner. I’ve shared a few recipes with you recently that use it and today, I want to share a little bit about one of our favorite ways to eat a sandwich. Grilled Mac & Cheese Sandwiches!
One of my favorite ways to make chicken is by simply placing it in the slow cooker and covering it with a bit of BBQ Sauce, and then letting it cook on low for 8 hours. Once it’s cooked, I shred it up and save it for meals throughout the month.
One way that we like to use it is by adding it to this Grilled Mac & Cheese Sandwich. Once I have the KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner prepared, I place a cup of it on a slice of buttered bread, and then I top with half a cup of shredded chicken and another slice of buttered bread. I warm it up on my grill pan to make a delicious slightly melted, grilled sandwich.
My husband and kids LOVE this style of eating our traditional macaroni & cheese. It gives us a good amount of protein too with the 9g of protein per serving *See nutrition information for sodium content. Plus, we also have protein in the chicken as well. I like to use a whole grain bread to add even more nutritional value too.
One more reason I love KRAFT is because they are moving to no artificial preservatives and no synthetic colors in 2016. That means that you will still get that cheesy flavor without the unnecessary additives. I really appreciate that they are listening to consumers and hopefully more companies will follow their example.
Are you ready for the best Grilled Mac & Cheese Sandwich, EVER? Eat up!
Grilled Mac & Cheese Sandwich
- 1 Box of KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner Prepared
- 2 Cups BBQ Chicken Shredded
- Once the Macaroni & Cheese is prepared, set it aside.
- Spread a small amount of butter on each slice of bread, then place about 1 cup of the Macaroni & Cheese on one slice of bread. Be sure to place this on the not-buttered side.
- Top it with about 1/2 cup of the shredded chicken. Place the other slice of bread on top of the shredded chicken, buttered side up.
- Place the sandwich on a greased grill pan, lightly grill it on each side.