As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Each month my husband and I pick up a meat pack at a local butcher in town because we just love them! We love the quality of the meat, plus it’s a great deal! You get a variety of meats, which keeps our menu plan and dinners interesting because we aren’t always eating chicken or always eating ground beef…we can mix it up!
One thing that is included are pork chops. They include 4 pork chops in this meat pack and they are thick cut chops, so my husband and I usually only eat 2 of them. That makes it even better because we get 2 dinners out of them!
I like to add a little spice or flavor to our pork chops when I make them, one of our favorites were these Pineapple Salsa Pork Chops.
This particular time, I wanted a subtle flavor that would go well with some corn and okra from the garden. I ended up going through our fridge and finding a lemon and lime…viola!
Menu Planning many times can be as easy as opening up the fridge to see what you have on hand! That’s exactly how these pork chops came to be!
That friends, is an easy and inexpensive dinner!
What’s your go-to easy meal?! Share it with us!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 4 Thick Cut Pork Chops
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Place the pork chops on a foil lined cookie sheet or tray, then evenly coat them with juice from the lemon and lime. Then, sprinkle evenly with pepper.
- This can all be done on one side of the chops.
- Heat grill and cook over medium-high heat, cook until well done or to your preference.
- Typically you will want these to be 165* at the thickest point of the chops to ensure they are done.