One of my favorite foods is steak…tender, juicy, grilled steak! I just love it; however, I love my steak to have some sort of topping. I’m not really plain steak kind of girl, I need some crunch to go with it!
Back before I went gluten free, my favorite way to eat steak was covered in fried onions. Amazing, friends. Yes, I could totally make some myself with gluten free flour, but I rarely deep fry foods. I hate the smell, if it’s fried in my home where I can smell it…I rarely will eat it. Yes, I know that sets me apart from the general population, but it is what it is. I always had those crispy onions topped over my steak when we were eating out for dinner, but now I have to skip the onions!
I decided to go for a healthier option with this steak topping using my Homemade Bruschetta! We have so many tomatoes from our garden an over abundance, so I was anxious to use them with bruschetta and top them over our steak. This gave the grilled steak a fresh, light taste.
It was delicious! So delicious I even had some for lunch the next day!
I mean this steak was so big my husband and I split it, which I happen to love that when buying a larger steak. It spreads out our meals and gives us some leftovers!
Now are you ready for a bite of delicious?
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Grilled Bruschetta Steaks
- 2 Steaks Your favorite cut
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- 3 Medium Sized Tomatoes Diced
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- Grated Parmesan Cheese Optional
- Begin by grilling the steaks on medium heat up until you reach your desired level of wellness. Generally you want them to be about 165* in the thickest part.
- While the steaks are grilling, combine all ingredients for the bruschetta in a large bowl except the cheese.
- Once the steaks are done, top them with the bruschetta and sprinkle with grated cheese.