My husband loves bratwurst, but I rarely purchase it. I like it every now and then but it is not something I eat regularly.
I decided to surprise him and buy some recently, so he went out and grilled it. We buy the original bratwurst then grill it and it taste great! We cook it up to 160* and then I put some peppers and onions on the grill too so that those could be served with it.
A great way to make this gluten free, which is what I did is use either a gluten free hot dog bun or a corn tortilla.
My husband used a plain hot dog bun that he toasted on the grill!
- 1 Package of Original Bratwurst
- 1 Red Pepper Sliced
- 1 Green Pepper Sliced
- 1/2 White Onion Sliced
- Butter For Veggies
- Hot Dog Buns or Corn Tortillas
- Grill the bratwurst up to 160* on the grill.
- For the veggies if you grill them, I wrapped them in foil with a little bit of butter about a tablespoon and let them grill for 10 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Serve on a hot dog bun or corn tortilla topped with veggies.
- The grilling time on the brats took about 20 minutes for us.
Enjoy this easy meal!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.