Grilled Barbecue Chicken Salad is a great choice for a quick and easy meal or a side.
This past week we decided to just defeat the cold by firing up the grill. I mean, who says that you can only grill in the summer time? We LOVE grilling and enjoy using ours year round.
As we are working to add more salads into our meal rotation, I decided to make these Grilled Barbecue Chicken Salads using the recently revamped line of sauces from Kraft. That’s right, they improved their sauces, the best part in my opinion is that they have NO High Fructose Corn Syrup! I decided to pick up the Slow-Simmered Hickory Smoke Barbecue Sauce to use on our salads.
The first thing we did was grill the chicken, to do this I simply placed about a little bit of barbecue sauce on each one, then we added them to the grill. Keep in mind, you will only need 2 chicken breast for this recipe; however, I made 4 chicken breast so that I could save 2 for later in the week. They typically take about 10-20 minutes on each side using medium to high heat. Of course, it was cold outside so it took just a bit longer to get the grill warmed up.
My husband is the grilling man in our family and he was excited to try out the new Evergriller Grill ‘N’ Flip Mitt, this was actually created for winter grilling traditions just in time for the big game day recipes. This glove is specially designed to be fire-resistant and protects the hands from the heat of the grill and the chill of the outdoors. Perfection!
My husband loved this because usually his hands are hot as fire when he’s grilling, so he was anxious to try it out. It’s interchangeable and can be used with virtually any of your grilling tools. Right now you can enter to win your own Evergriller Grill ‘N’ Flip Mitt and a YEAR supply of Kraft Barbecue Sauce! All you need to do is CLICK HERE to enter.
Now, back to this yummy recipe. Once our chicken was grilled, we cut Romaine Lettuce in half lengthwise, then we tossed it on the grill for just about 2-3 minutes on each side to make it nice and toasty. Then, we plated it with our favorite toppings and a little additional Barbecue Sauce as the dressing.
Once you cut up the romaine lettuce half, it is the perfect portion size for a dinner salad. We typically eat ours as the full meal. If we are pairing it with an additional item then we normally will split one. Grilled Romaine Salad is absolutely delicious, and I have a hard time eating salad any other way but grilled.
Are you ready for a salad tonight? This one is wonderful!
Be sure to head on over to Kraft to see even more of the delicious sauces that they now offer!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and provided product samples by Kraft Foods, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Grilled Barbecue Chicken Salad
- 2 6 Oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 4 Tbsp Kraft Hickory Smoke Barbecue Sauce Divided
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Tomato Sliced (6 Slices Total)
- 1/4 Cup Tortilla Strips
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Place 1 Tbsp of Barbecue Sauce on each chicken breast, make sure it covers at least one side of the chicken.
- Warm the grill up to medium-high heat and place the chicken breast on the grill. Let this grill for 10-20 minutes on each side or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165*.
- When the chicken is done, set aside or place on top rack of the grill to keep warm.
- Cut the romaine lettuce in half lengthwise, place it seam side down on a clean portion of the grill.
- Let this grill for about 2-3 minutes on each side until it begins to wilt.
- Place each piece of romaine on a plate, then top each salad with 1 chicken breast, 3 slices of tomato, 1/8 cup tortilla strips, and 1/8 cup shredded cheese.
- Lastly add 1 Tbsp of barbecue sauce to each salad and serve.