As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
I love hamburgers.
Did you know though that I went a good 15 years or so without eating a hamburger from ANY restaurant? Yep…15 YEARS! No, I wasn’t vegetarian…I simply watched way too much 20/20 as a kid! I saw a segment on e-coli at several restaurants way back in the day and after that I never ate any form of hamburger meat from a restaurant ever again.
I got pregnant with my son and needed a Braums Hamburger like my life depended on it. Now, I eat them again only I’m gluten free so I eat them without a bun or with gluten free buns!
Of course, we grill hamburgers all the time and I can’t take just a boring burger. I need a little variety in my life, so this time we used up a pack of bacon on the grill too for these burgers!
We simply made the meat into patties then wrapped a couple slices of bacon around them and held them in with a toothpick. Once they are cooked to perfection, remove the toothpick and they stay intact nicely.
We also decided to add some egg to our hamburger meat this time, that worked much better at keeping it held together; however, I think wrapping the bacon around it helped too!
I could lick my screen! We originally wondered if the bacon would overcook or undercook because of the cook times for each, but the hamburgers and bacon were done at about the same time so they were PERFECT!
Now…that’s a burger!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 1 lb Hamburger Meat
- 1/4 Cup Diced Onion
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 8 Slices of Bacon, Uncooked
- Buns or Gluten Free Bread/Buns
- Serves 4
- Combine the meat, onion, and egg in a large bowl then form 4 patties. (1 lb made 4 patties for us)
- Next, wrap two slices of bacon around each patty and secure with a toothpick in the middle.
- Place on the grill on medium heat and grill to your preference. We like ours around 160* or well done.
- We also placed the rest of our bacon out on the grill and grilled it too!
- Once you are done simply build your burger with your favorite toppings!