Make a treat with these Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, easy to make with pantry ingredients!
This recipe for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies is a depression-era recipe that was passed down to me by a family member. It also happens to be one of our favorites to serve with a tall glass of milk.
The same family member also passed down this depression-era Blueberry Bread Recipe too and it’s just as good!
This means that these recipes will use commonly found pantry ingredients to make this recipe because that is what they had during the depression. Not to mention, these recipes are so simple!
Tips for Making Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies:
These cookies come out of the oven nice and soft but as they cool they harden up. Although they are a great hard, crunchy cookie, we find it’s best to dip them in a glass of milk.
That softens the cookie and really enhances the flavor too.
This particular batter does not need to be chilled either and is best made on ungreased cookie sheets or silicone baking mats.
It’s also important to use a wire rack to fully cool the cookies.
How do you make these cookies gluten-free?
Just a few swaps are needed for Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies.
The first thing you will need to do is use gluten-free all-purpose flour. I use Better Batter; however, you can use any 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour that you prefer.
Along with swapping the flour, it’s also important to use gluten-free oats. These would be certified gluten-free oats such as Bob’s Red Mill Rolled Oats.
These are the only swaps needed to make these Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies; however, as always be sure to check all ingredient labels first.
If you are craving a tasty cookie with simple ingredients Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are just for you, even better when you can easily make them gluten-free too!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Cups Sifted All-Purpose Flour or Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats or Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Begin by mixing the butter and sugars in a mixing bowl or using a stand mixer.
- Mix in the eggs and beat well.
- Add in the peanut butter, flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Continue mixing until well combined.
- Stir in the oats.
- Roll dough to form small balls placing them on un-greased cookie sheets.
- With a fork indent the balls to make a crisscross on each cookie going both directions.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and let cool 5 minutes then place on wire rack to complete cooling process.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Made these today ~ really good! Thank you!