A few weeks ago, I made what is by far my favorite Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup! I have been meaning to make this soup for many months now and really just never got around to it. Now, I wish I had made it months ago.
I started this soup off by making Homemade Egg Noodles, I made these gluten free by swapping out the flour for gluten free all purpose flour. It was a simple switch and my gluten free version tasted as good as the real deal. This was my first time making homemade egg noodles, and it was so easy!
I was floored with how simple it is to make homemade egg noodles and now I can’t believe I waited this long to try it. They consist of salt, eggs and flour, that’s it! Most likely you have those ingredients in your pantry and fridge which means you can save yourself some money and make your own. For the Homemade Egg Noodles, I followed this recipe on About.com exactly as it is written.
Another shortcut I took, is that I used shredded rotisserie chicken which meant no cooking chicken! I used about 2 cups of the white meat and simply tossed it into the broth along with carrots and celery to let it simmer.
At the end I put my cooked egg noodles in and let it simmer with a few spices.
Next up, dinner is done and ready to serve!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 14.5 Oz Cans of Chicken Broth
- 4 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Shredded Rotisserie Chicken Cooked
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Carrots Cooked
- 3 Celery Stalks Diced
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano or to Taste
- 1/2 Tsp Rosemary
- 1/2 Tsp Basil
- 12 Oz Cooked Homemade Egg Noodles See Recipe Link in Post
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- Note: For the egg noodles, please see the recipe within the post. These need to be cooked before being added to the soup.
- In a large stock pot, add the chicken broth, water, chicken, carrots, and celery bringing it up to medium heat. Add in the oregano, rosemary, and basil.
- Let this simmer for about 20 minutes or until it reaches a nice roiling boil.
- Add in the cooked pasta, let it simmer for another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with additional salt and pepper if desired.