Make this super simple Gluten Free Chocolate Dump Cake that is perfect for dessert!
Are you ready for another easy dessert? This Chocolate Dump Cake takes dessert to a whole new level. This is like a cake and brownie all in one!
If you enjoy this recipe, you will love this Gluten Free Chery Dump Cake and Gluten Free Peach Dump Cake too.
This simple recipe is made with only 4 ingredients!
How do you make Gluten Free Chocolate Dump Cake?
The only swap needed is to use a gluten free chocolate cake mix.
We prefer to use Better Batter or King Arthur, either makes a great choice for this recipe.
What ingredients do you need for chocolate dump cake?
This cake is ready to make with just 4 ingredients that include:
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Instant Pudding Mix
- Chocolate Chips
That’s all you need, plus you can top it with some of your favorite toppings to serve with, such as:
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Crushed Cookies
These are great choices to make this perfect cake.
Tips for Making Chocolate Dump Cake:
This dessert is easy to make but there is a method to it. The ingredients need to be very lightly stirred together.
Once they are lightly stirred, the entire dish will bake right up in the oven.
The texture comes out like a cross between a brownie and a cake, which happens to be wonderful for making a sundae out of it.
Dump cakes are usually gooey in texture but they should still be fully cooked. It’s important to let the cake cool before serving so that it hardens up some.
If you want to make this in advance, simply wrap up the ingredients with foil and place in the fridge until you are ready to bake it.
Enjoy this easy Chocolate Dump Cake, plus you can make it gluten-free too!
Chocolate Dump Cake
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix (Dry – 15.25oz) or Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Box Instant Chocolate Dry Pudding Mix (3.9oz)
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 12 oz Bag Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Divided
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate or Hot Fudge Sauce
- Crushed Cookies
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Coat a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly into the baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle pudding mix on top.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Add the remaining chocolate chips to the cake.
- Pour milk over dry mixes.
- Stir gently until well combined, lightly stirring.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is set and the edges pull away from the baking dish.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack.
- Allow to cool slightly then serve with ice cream or cool completely first.
- Store leftovers covered in plastic wrap.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Esmé Slabbert says
Love, love love, gluten-free, dump cake, chocolate – all the good stuff. Thanks, Pinned it.
Visited you via Tuesday Turn About #197. If interested, please hop over and come and share your posts with us at Senior Salon Pit Stop. See my entries: #113+114…. and navigate to the bottom of my page for SSPS linkup, we hope to virtually meet you there.
DELICIOUS, Kristy! We will be featuring you starting Wednesday at the Creative Crafts Linky Party! Pinned and shared!