As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Get ready for a treat with these delicious Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Muffins!
If you enjoyed these Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins, then you will love this chocolate chip twist on the same base gluten-free muffin recipe.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Muffins use a simple base recipe with your favorite variety of chocolate chips mixed right in.
How do you make these gluten-free?
Just as I mentioned with the blueberry muffins these chocolate chip muffins just need one simple swap of flour to make them gluten-free. In order for these to be made gluten-free, use a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour such as Better Batter.
Outside of this swap, as always be sure the remaining ingredients you use such as the chocolate chips are gluten-free too. All the remaining ingredients are naturally gluten-free, but it’s always wise to check the labels to avoid any cross-contamination.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Muffins:
When making these muffins, be sure to fold in the chocolate chips. This will help them remain whole instead of being mixed to shreds with the mixer.
Any variety of chocolate chips can be used to make these, we prefer semi-sweet, but again it’s totally up to you and your preference.
Once you make the muffins, they can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week after baking. They can be stored at room temperature, no need to refrigerate.
If you want to freeze these, you can wrap them in foil and then place them in a freezer-safe storage bag. When ready to eat, just let them defrost at room temperature or remove from foil and heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
We find this is a great way to make breakfast or snacks ahead and just warm it up on the go!
It’s time to enjoy this warm treat!
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Oil, Vegetable or Canola
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (Any Variety)
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Place liner in the muffin tin.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients, reserving 1-2 Tbsp of the mixture.
- Pour the oil into a measuring glass.
- Lightly whisk in the egg with the oil.
- Whisk in the milk with the egg and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well until combined, but do not overmix.
- Carefully add the chocolate chips to a bowl and sprinkle with the reserved dry mixture.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Divide the batter into the muffin tins until about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400*F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g