As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Gluten-free chicken teriyaki skewers are made with a delectable homemade sauce that you’ll make again and again.
Immediately, I thought we would end up having to take our kids to get something else to eat because they are so picky. I couldn’t imagine that they would eat that because I had tried and failed many times before.
Then, my son, who was sitting by his grandparents, runs up to me and ask if I had tried the chicken. I told him I was getting to it, but he then proceeds to say that it was so good he had already had four chicken skewers. I was SHOCKED! Then, I look next to me at my daughter, who was eating broccoli so fast she couldn’t get enough.
Who were these kids? Surely not mine!
Ever since the wedding, my son has been begging me to make that chicken again. I decided I would give it a try, but this time I planned to grill it and then pair it with rice and broccoli.
Just like before, my daughter was downing the broccoli and my son was begging for more chicken.
What type of chicken should you use for Gluten-Free Teriyaki Chicken Skewers?
It’s best to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs. The chicken breast dries out and the fat from the chicken thighs gives the chicken a more juicy flavor.
How do you make the teriyaki sauce gluten-free?
Making gluten-free teriyaki sauce is really easy, it’s simply a matter of using a gluten-free soy sauce. We like to use Kikkoman Gluten-Free Soy Sauce.
What do you need for Gluten-Free Teriyaki Chicken Skewers?
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Brown Sugar
- Regular Granulated Sugar
- Ground Ginger
It’s that simple! This is a great go-to for the grill for parties or simply for a tasty dinner.
More Chicken Skewer Recipes:
- 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp Water
- Warm up the grill to medium-high heat.
- Begin by cutting the chicken down the middle and then putting it onto the skewer sticks, cutting will help them fit better on the stick.
- Set them aside.
- Add the soy sauce, water, vinegar, sugars, garlic, and ginger to a medium sized saucepan and warm up to a boil.
- Once boiling, whisk in the cornstarch and remaining tablespoon of water for about a minute and then remove from heat.
- Use a brush and brush the soy sauce mixture onto both sides of the chicken.
- Cook these on the grill for about 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of at least 165°F.
- Serve with side of rice and broccoli if preferred.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 1367mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 29g