These Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets taste just like Chick-Fil-A.
They’re delicious with wheat flour too, so gluten free or not, this is a winning recipe!
I will admit I am a Chick-fil-a nugget junky. Of course, worse than the nuggets, I am addicted to those amazing waffle fries.
Seriously, I go there too often and lately I have been trying to just stick with a side salad or fruit instead of the fries but they call to me in my sleep.
I know that is just sad, but what can I say, it is the life of an addict.
As soon as I went gluten free I had that sudden realization that I could no longer pick up a box of my favorite nuggets.
Luckily, about this time is when they introduced grilled nuggets, so I have come to enjoy those, but I still long for those crispy nuggets.
Thankfully I was able to make my own version of their nuggets only gluten free. I also realized how easy they actually are to make at home. Now, my version is likely not exactly like theirs, but it is extremely close.
Should you use Peanut Oil in Copycat Chick-Fil-A nuggets?
I know they use peanut oil; however, I opted for a vegetable oil because we have peanut allergies in our family. I try to avoid having that oil in our home since the kitchen would quickly become cross-contaminated.
These would go perfectly paired with your favorite dipping sauce. I love their Polynesian Sauce, which is next on my list to try to make at home.
These nuggets are as simple as switching the flour from an all-purpose flour to a gluten free all-purpose flour.
How do you make Gluten Free Chick-Fil-A Nuggets?
It’s simply a switch of flour, that’s it! It’s super easy to make these at home with a simple switch of flour.
I was happy to see that even my picky eater loved these at least the first day, the next day he decided he was over chicken. Nice, right? That is just a day in the life of a picky eater.
Now, are you ready for a little bite of heaven with these nuggets? I will note that I prefer minimal salt so if you like them saltier, by all means add a bit more.
I basically adapted my recipe for Oven Fried Chicken to make these nuggets adding a few extra steps, and frying of course.
Check out more Gluten Free Recipes in the Gluten Free Recipe Index!
Gluten Free Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
Copycat Gluten Free Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - Cut into Chunks
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Dill Pickle Juice
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1 Cup Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- Vegetable or Peanut Oil for Frying
- In a Ziploc bag, combine the milk, pickle juice, and egg.
- Place the chicken inside the bag, seal, and let this marinade at least 4 hours or overnight. Be sure to place it inside another bowl or pan in case it leaks.
- Once you are ready to cook the chicken, combine the flour, salt, paprika, and ground pepper in another Ziploc Bag.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade, letting the excess marinade drip off it and then place it inside the bag with the flour mixture.
- Seal and shake the bag so that all the chicken is well coated with the mixture.
- In a medium sized saucepan, pour the oil so that it is about 2-4 inches high. Place a candy thermometer in the pan to measure the heat. Let this heat until it has reached 350°F.
- Shake the excess off each piece of chicken and carefully drop in the oil when it is hot enough, letting it fry for about 8 minutes or until crispy.
- Repeat for all chicken nuggets, you may have to add additional oil depending on the amount you use.
- Once they have been fried, place them on a paper towel lined plate to allow the extra oil to drip off.