Most of you probably already know that October is my favorite month, but did you know that it’s National Pizza Month too?! That just makes this month even better because I love pizza! Thanks to California Black Olives I am looking forward to sharing with you about some of our favorite homemade pizzas plus a wonderful giveaway! This post and giveaway are sponsored by them; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
I am sure you have specific toppings that you absolutely love on your pizza, one of my husband’s favorites is olives! We could both eat black olives straight from the can, which we normally do when we are cooking something with them. I was pretty ecstatic when we received a bundle of goodies from California Ripe Olives, and I knew they would be the perfect topping for our Meaty Olive Pizza!
For our pizza, I started off by preparing the pizza dough. I use a gluten free pizza crust recipe, but for those that are not gluten free my favorite pizza crust recipe is this Bread Machine Pizza Dough.
Then, while the dough was rising, I sliced up a bunch of black olives. We typically only use black olives on our pizza then I like to make meat and cheese trays with the green olives.
Once my crust was prepped and ready to go, I simply spread some pizza sauce on the crust and then topped with pepperoni and cooked ground sausage. Once my meat was piled high, I topped it with the sliced olives and loaded it with mozzarella cheese. Then, you are all ready to bake it in the oven! At this point, you will want to go with the bake time and temperature that is called for on your pizza crust recipe.
Once the pizza is done, I moved it to my Artisan Pizza Board and sliced up the pizza. This is my new favorite pizza find, as it already has the grooves for you, so all you do is slice and you have perfect, even slices of pizza. Guess what? I’m about to give one of those away! Aren’t you excited?
Meaty Olive Pizza
- 1 Prepared Pizza Crust
- Pizza Sauce
- Black Olives Sliced
- 1 Pound Ground Sausage Cooked and Drained
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425*.
- Prepare your pizza crust as instructed on the package. (This may change the bake time or temperature, you will want to adjust based on your pizza crust.)
- Spread the pizza sauce over the crust the top with the olives, pepperoni, and sausage up to your preference.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly on the pizza.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted or slightly browned.
California Ripe Olives is giving away a wonderful prize pack in celebration of National Pizza Month!
- 2 Cans of California Black Ripe Olives
- 2 Cans of California Green Ripe Olives
- 1 Artisan Pizza Board
- 1 Stainless Steel Pizza Cutter
- 1 Can Opener
- 1 $25 Gift Cards
- 1 Tote Bag
- Black and White Pizza Recipe Card
Ready to win! Enter Now!
Good Luck & Happy Pizza Night!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.