After making White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti, I thought trying White Chocolate Pumpkin Biscotti was a must, especially being that we are in the pumpkin season!
I was a bit skeptical making this biscotti because I knew that it would come out more soft than normal biscotti simply because of the pureed pumpkin. It did come out soft but hardened as it cooled. It was still not as crunchy as a typical biscotti but it was just as tasty!
I melted some which chocolate and dipped the biscotti in it making a wonderful sweet fall treat!
Enjoy this sweet treat with a pumpkin spice latte!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
White Chocolate Pumpkin Biscotti
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 3/4 Cup Flour or GF All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp Butter Softened
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Melted White Chocolate I use 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and melt them
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350*.
- Next combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, butter, vanilla, and eggs. Mix this well.
- Then, add in the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- At this point on a greased baking dish, I make 2 logs out of the dough. These can be about 8" long x 4" wide, or the size you prefer. I also flatten them down a bit; however, they do not rise much so be sure and keep that in mind.
- Bake these for 30 minutes, until the dough sets.
- Remove from oven and using knife, cut diagonally. At this point, you simply want to make the impression. You do not need to separate them entirely, but this makes it easier to cut them when they are completely done.
- Once you have done this, place back in the oven at 275* for 20 minutes.
- Let them cool and use a knife to separate them. They will appear a bit gummy but will harden as they cool.
- Using the melted white chocolate dip each biscotti into the white chocolate and let harden. I covered half the biscotti with white chocolate.
- Makes about 12-16 biscotti depending on the size of the pieces.
- These can last up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.