Keeping in order with our Friday Fall Treat series this month, I thought I would share these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Scones again! Not only are these delicious and perfect with a Pumpkin Spice Latte but they can also be made gluten free too.
I have made these both before I went gluten free and now being gluten free and they have the same great taste either way! In order to make them gluten free, I simply use a gluten free all purpose flour. That makes for a simple switch!
Enjoy this pumpkin filled fall treat!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Scones
- 3 Cups Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 5 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Tbsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- In a large mixer combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Then, cream in the butter and add egg, milk, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Next turn the dough out on a floured surface and kneed for 2-5 minutes. Roll dough out in 1/2 inch thick and cut into wedges.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until browned.
- Note the original recipes says the servings are 8; however, this made close to 16 for me. It will depend on the size of your scones.