As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
For today’s fall treat, I thought I would share with you my pumpkin bread recipe! This is one of my all time favorites to make in the fall. Back before I was cooking all the time I used to stock up on the boxes of pumpkin quick bread at the store, then I realized I could make it from scratch with what I had in my pantry. Not only did it taste better but it was less money using what I already had!
I have made this bread back before I was gluten free and now that I’m gluten free with just a simple switch of flours. All I do to make it gluten free is use the gluten free all purpose flour.
I’ll admit I’m not a fan of using several different flours to make things gluten free, I like to make it easy! The flour switch worked perfectly.
So, I have had it both ways with and without gluten and they equally taste delicious!
Enjoy this Friday Fall Treat!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 1 Cup of Apple Butter
- 2 Cups of Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 3 Cups of Flour, or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 15 oz Can of Pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- Powdered Sugar, Optional Topping
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together in order until dough forms.
- Spray a bread pan with non stick spray and pour into the pan. I believe using a standard size bread pan, this would make 2 loaves. I decided to use a bunt cake pan instead of using two loaf pans.
- This will bake in the oven for 1 hour or until the bread takes shape. I usually do the standard toothpick or fork test, to be sure no dough comes out on the toothpick.
- Serve sprinkled with a little powdered sugar.