Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Pompeian, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Did you know that olive oil isn’t just olive oil? As in there are a variety of different types of olive oil that compliment a variety of meals. When I am shopping at the store and head to the oils, in the past I would just pick up the light olive oil. That was until I attended a taste testing with Pompeian a few weeks back.
I learned so much from this testing including that each type of olive oil has a very distinct flavor. That means depending on which type of olive oil you use, your meal could taste much different than what it may taste like if someone else uses a different type of olive oil.
This led me to try out the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, which seems to be the most common version in a steak stir fry. As summer time is now in full force around here, I tend to make stir fry more often.
We have so many delicious veggies to choose from in our garden that I absolutely love a great stir fry.
The best part is that with a little bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and crushed garlic this dish can easily be prepared, and it’s so light. It’s filling but it doesn’t leave you with that too full feeling. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a robust flavor, which paired with garlic makes for a great dressing with no additional oils needed.
When I make stir fry, I also lean toward using steak. A good thin round steak or flank steak is perfect for stir fry. I had an abundance of round steak that was actually cut already for stir fry, so I cooked it all up and froze half of the steak to use in future meals.
I also almost always serve our stir fry over rice, it’s a simple ingredient that is typically in our pantry so it makes for a very frugal meal too for us!
Are you ready to enjoy a delicious meal tonight? Try this stir fry, plus head on over to watch the Pompeian Olive Oil 101 Discussion. I am certain you are going to come out feeling like you are an expert!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Fresh Veggie & Steak Stir Fry with Pompeian
- 1 Lb Thin Cut Steak Flank, Round, Sirloin
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil Divided
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Crushed & Divided
- 2 Red Bell Peppers Sliced
- 2 Cups Broccoli
- 1/2 Cup Onion Diced
- 2 Cups of Cooked Rice Optional
- Begin by heating up 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil with 1 crushed clove of Garlic in a medium size skillet, heat this up to about medium heat.
- Add in the sliced steak and let this simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until your preference.
- Once the steak is done, set it aside on a paper towel lined plate to drain off some of the excess oil.
- Either using the same skillet or another skillet, place the remaining 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil and crushed garlic in the skillet.
- Add in the prepared veggies and toss it with a spoon or spatula to get it well coated with the oil and garlic.
- Let the veggies simmer about 10 minutes or until soft, then add in the steak and mix well.
- Let the veggie and steak mixture simmer about 5 minutes to warm up.
- Serve topped over rice.