Fresh Tomato Salsa is a delicious way to serve chips and salsa!
One thing my family loves wholeheartedly is a good salsa or Pico de Gallo. One thing I love about it is that I can load it with fresh veggies. I have used can products as well but we still love the fresh vine ripened tomatoes in our salsa. This past week, we needed a good go-to snack especially after a long week as we headed into the weekend.
Movie nights aren’t always popcorn related in our home sometimes it’s more about the chips and sauce.
I decided to use some fresh veggies for this fresh tomato salsa, plus the tomatoes of course. In the past I’ve used canned and peeled tomatoes, this time I opted for the vine ripened tomatoes that were not peeled. The salsa tasted so fresh and perfect it was hard to stop eating it. We quickly went through this as a family in just a few minutes!
This is simple to make in a chopper or food processor, simply process all the ingredients into a salsa consistency.
We loved making our salsa in it, I simply packed it up with our veggies then we put the lid on and blended it well. I used both the upper and lower blade to get these well chopped. I was originally going to chop it into pico de gallo but we ended up deciding on a nice well blended salsa instead. My kids prefer that over the chunky style.
Our evening ended with a nice big bowl of chips with our Fresh Tomato Salsa. This is one we like to jar and keep on hand for any night of the week. It’s perfect with nachos too.
Do you have a go-to salsa recipe? Once you make it homemade it’s hard to eat anything else!
Fresh Tomato Salsa
- 4 Vine Ripened Tomatoes
- 1 4 oz Can of Green Chilies Chopped or Fresh Chopped Chilies
- 1/4 Cup White Onion Chopped
- 1 Clove of Garlic Crushed
- 1/4 Tsp Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Lime
- 1 Green Jalapeno Peppers
- In the Robert Irvine chopper combine the tomatoes, chilies, onion, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, and cilantro.
- Then, cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice out over the ingredients.
- At this point also add in your pepper as well, if you are using pepper.
- Chop this up in the chopper with the double blade until well pureed.
- Serve as is or chilled.