I mentioned that we did a major Freezer Cooking day and as part of it we made Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili. I’m happy to report this freezer meal was a success.
It was also one of the easiest to prepare. I precooked the ground beef then assembled all the ingredients and combined them all into a freezer safe storage bag. Then, we simply froze it flat to save room in the freezer. When we were ready to serve it, we poured it into the slow cooker and let it warm up for 4-6 hours, then dinner was served!
Enjoy this delicious freezer cooking meal!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 16 oz Cans of Bush’s Chili Beans Use Gluten Free Chili Beans, if needed.
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Beef Broth
- 1 10 oz Can of Rotel or Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Pureed Pumpkin Canned Pumpkin
- 2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Tsp Minced Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Cup of Ketchup
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Brown and drain ground beef in skillet, then add in the beef and all other ingredients to the slow cooker except for the optional toppings.
- This will be done after being cooked on low for 4 hours, but it does do fine being left in the slow cooker for up to 8 hours.
- Serve with cheese, cornbread, or Fritos, your choice of toppings.
- Note: This chili is very mild, for more spice add additional chili powder and/or jalapeno peppers.
- Gluten Free Note: I use Bush's Chili Beans but as always be sure to check the ingredients to be sure the chili beans you use do not contain gluten.
- Serves approximately 6.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
A comment and a silly question. First, congratulations to you and your family on the birth of your baby girl. What an exciting time, to have two little ones! 🙂 I visit your site regularly, and every time I said a prayer for you for a happy, healthy baby. So happy for you guys!
Now a silly question. Did you thaw the chili before you dumped it into the slow-cooker, or just dump it in frozen? It sounds delicious!
I just let me thaw enough to pop out of the bag then dumped it in the slow cooker. You can do it either way though, I tend to forget to defrost things. 🙂