It was also one of the easiest to prepare. I precooked the ground beef then assembled all the ingredients and combined them all into a freezer safe storage bag. Then, we simply froze it flat to save room in the freezer. When we were ready to serve it, we poured it into the slow cooker and let it warm up for 4-6 hours, then dinner was served!
Enjoy this delicious freezer cooking meal!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 16 oz Cans of Bush’s Chili Beans Use Gluten Free Chili Beans, if needed.
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Beef Broth
- 1 10 oz Can of Rotel or Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Pureed Pumpkin Canned Pumpkin
- 2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Tsp Minced Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Cup of Ketchup
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Brown and drain ground beef in skillet, then add in the beef and all other ingredients to the slow cooker except for the optional toppings.
- This will be done after being cooked on low for 4 hours, but it does do fine being left in the slow cooker for up to 8 hours.
- Serve with cheese, cornbread, or Fritos, your choice of toppings.
- Note: This chili is very mild, for more spice add additional chili powder and/or jalapeno peppers.
- Gluten Free Note: I use Bush's Chili Beans but as always be sure to check the ingredients to be sure the chili beans you use do not contain gluten.
- Serves approximately 6.