I thought I would report back on another freezer cooking success with this Slow Cooker Beef Stew.
I have to mention that I sure wish I knew what freezer cooking was when I was working full time in finance and not cooking daily! This would of been a life saver. For me, I’m a work at home mom and dinner time is typically a challenge simply because that is when the baby is fussy and most times I am just tired!
Now, to think you could take one day and freeze enough meals for a month and then all you would have to do at dinner time is pop them in the oven to warm up or in the mornings just dump your freezer bag of ingredients into a slow cooker? I’m sold!
This freezer meal is so simple because I just prepped the ingredients and froze them in a freezer safe storage bag. Then, when I was ready to cook this meal, I added 2 cups of water to it and poured all the ingredients out of the bag and into the slow cooker.
The smell of stew drifted through the air and 8 hours later we had dinner!
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 2 Lbs Stew Meat
- 16 oz Package of Baby Carrots
- 3 Potatoes Halved
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Beef Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- This recipe is essentially the same concept as my Slow Cooker Roast; however, it’s a stew this time.
- Using a 4 quart crock pot, I placed the stew meat at the bottom, then the carrots and potatoes on top. At this point, you will want to pour in the amount you need, 16oz of carrots works well; however, if you want more or less you will want to tweak that a bit.
- Then, pour the beef broth and water into the crock pot, I added enough water to cover the meat and veggies. This ended up being 2 cups for my crock pot. Lastly, I poured in the onion soup mix. I let this cook on low for 8 hours.
Enjoy this stew on a cold, wintry day!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.