I have another freezer success story to report back on regarding these Mexi Stuffed Peppers! They were fantastic! One of the things I did before doing our freezer cooking day was to take a walk through the frozen foods aisle at the grocery store. We have all seen the family style meals that are in the freezer section at the store. I wanted to take an inventory of what they sell in that particular section that way I had a good idea of what would work as far as freezer cooking.
One of the items that I saw in the freezer section of the store were stuffed peppers, since that is one of our all time favorite meals I knew they would be on my freezer cooking list.
I used my Mexi Stuffed Peppers recipe then I wrapped each pepper up in foil and froze them until we were ready to have them for dinner. Once I was ready to prepare them I simply baked them as the original recipe instructs and served.
They did not disappoint and they tasted just as good as making them fresh!
I also have to add that doing a freezer cooking day before having a baby may have been one of the best ideas I’ve ever had! It has helped so much to make dinner time a breeze as we try to adjust to a new routine.
Mexi Stuffed Peppers
- 6 Peppers Any color
- 1 Lb Ground Beef Cooked and Drained
- 1 Taco Seasoning Packet or Gluten Free Taco Seasoning
- 1 Cup Cooked Rice
- 3 Green Onions sliced
- 1 Cup Corn
- Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- After you cook the ground beef add in the taco seasoning as instructed on the package. Once this is done, then add in the rice, onions, and corn mixing this well.
- Slice the top off the peppers and clean out the inside, then stuff them with seasoning. This amount will make enough for 6 peppers; however, I typically use 4 and then save the remaining stuffing for nachos.
- Top these with cheese and bake for 30 minutes in the oven.
- Serve these plain or topped with salsa.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Are you looking for more freezer cooking ideas? Check out my list of Freezer Cooking Recipe Ideas!
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Leave A Reply!