Here is an easy freezer cooking meal; however, it is just as easy to prepare the morning you plan to eat it too! It’s a simple BBQ Chicken. I love to do BBQ Chicken in the slow cooker because the chicken shreds so easily and soaks in all that delicious BBQ goodness!
Looking at this BBQ Chicken just gets me more excited about the Bixby BBQ Festival in our area each year. It’s a day of nothing but eating…lots of eating and devouring every type of BBQ dish you could possibly imagine. Can you tell I’m ready?
The competitors in the BBQ Festival cook for hours and hours to make the perfect dish; however, I take the easy way out with this one and let the slow cooker do the work!
This chicken can be used for sandwiches, spuds, salads, and pretty much anything you would want chicken on.
To make this a freezer meals, I simply froze a couple of chicken breast along with a batch of my homemade bbq sauce in a freezer safe storage bag. Once I was ready to prepare it I just defrosted it enough to come out of the bag and then cooked it on low all day long!
BBQ Chicken Spuds
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 Cups BBQ Sauce see link in post for the homemade sauce recipe
- 4 Baked Russet Potatoes
- Potato Toppings Cheese, Sour Cream, Butter, Bacon, Chives
- In a 4-5 quart slow cooker place the chicken on the bottom then cover with BBQ sauce. Let this cook for 5-6 hours on low, then using a fork or knife, shred the chicken. The chicken should easily shred at this point.
- Stir and let cook on low an additional 1-2 hours until the shredded chicken has soaked up most of the bbq sauce.
- Serve the BBQ chicken topped over a baked potato with your favorite toppings.
- Freezer Cooking: To freezer cook this meal, simply place the chicken along with BBQ sauce in a freezer safe storage bag and freeze flat. When you are ready to prepare the chicken follow instructions above.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Have you visited our Products list? Be sure and check out Mommy Hates Cooking Products and Services.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Leave A Reply!