Gluten free funfetti pancakes put the fun in breakfast or brinner. How adorable are these?!
In my world there can never be enough sprinkles. My kids and I may actually eat them straight from the container from time to time. Don’t judge.
Sprinkles just make me happy, they make my day go better. What better way to start your day than with sprinkle-filled pancakes? Now we certainly do not eat sprinkle loaded pancakes all the time, but I absolutely LOVE making these for special occasions.
I know many recipes may actually use cake batter for funfetti pancakes; however, I simply add the sprinkles to my favorite fluffy buttermilk pancakes. For me, I feel like the additional sugar in the sprinkles is more than enough for breakfast.
These pancakes are so simple to make gluten free by simply switching out the flour for gluten free all purpose flour, Better Batter is what I use. The switch is simple and it works out perfectly. I serve these to my non-gluten free family and they never even know the difference.
I also like to add additional sprinkles to the top of these, and then I drizzle them with warm maple syrup. Of course, you can always use the syrup that you prefer; however, something about that maple syrup on a warm stack of pancakes just makes my mouth water.
How do you make Gluten Free Funfetti Pancakes?
These even make for a fun lunch addition to celebrate a birthday or special occasion. These pancakes may just brighten your day when you see them on your plate in the morning.
Not only are they simple to make but they also freeze well too. I like to make large batches of pancakes and freeze them, then reheat the pancakes in the microwave when we are ready to serve them.
Are you ready to brighten your day with these fluffy gluten free funfetti pancakes? Go right ahead and add extra sprinkles! You absolutely deserve it.
Fluffy Funfetti Pancakes
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Rainbow Sprinkles
- Maple Syrup
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, buttermilk, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Then, fold in the sprinkles. Let batter sit for about 30 minutes for fluffier pancakes.
- While the batter is sitting about 10 minutes before you are ready to cook begin to heat the griddle or skillet to medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon out the batter into about sand dollar size and let it cook on one side until the batter begins to bubble, then flip over and cook until done. This typically just takes 2-3 minutes. It should release fairly easily from the griddle and you can be sure that the bottom is browned.
- Continue until all pancake batter is used.
- Warm up the maple syrup and add a little butter on the pancakes along with warm syrup.