As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Just one visit to a local restaurant and an introduction to Eggplant Parmigiana meant it immediately had to be recreated at home, and this recipe does not disappoint. Eat up!
My husband and I went out on a date recently and ended up at a local pizza place in town. The biggest drawl for us with this restaurant is that they offered gluten free options.
Hands down, the best gluten free pizza I have EVER had and worth every single cent. Then, there was my favorite part the Eggplant Parmigiana. I honestly had never had this up until this point. I ordered it and was a bit skeptical if we would like it. Let’s just say that my husband filled up so fast on this that he couldn’t even eat the pizza until the next day.
I could have eaten this all by myself. Immediately, I knew that I had to recreate this soon, very soon! We don’t live close to most restaurants so having it at home is necessary too.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Eggplant Parmigiana:
I have to say it came VERY close to the real deal from the restaurant. We had it with a Deep Dish Pizza for dinner. Again though, I could have just had this dish as the main meal. It’s just that good.
The delicious cheese in between each slice of eggplant is sort of like icing on the cake. It gives such a huge burst of flavor to the eggplant.
Just writing this post and looking at it is making my mouth water for it all over again.
The struggle is real, friends. Seriously.
This is by far the best match for pizza night for an appetizer in my opinion.
I say skip the garlic bread and make this Eggplant Parmigiana, you’ll be in heaven later!
Ready for a bite? It’s time! Enjoy!
- 1 Eggplant
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs or Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tsp Basil
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Tsp Rosemary
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- Lb Fresh Mozzarella, Slice into about 1/8 Inch Thick Slices
- Marinara Sauce, Warmed
- Fresh Parsley to Garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Thinly slice the eggplant, about 1/8"-inch slices and set aside.
- In a small bowl, crack the eggs and whisk or beat them well to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, breadcrumbs, cheese, and spices.
- Dip each eggplant slice in the egg mixture, then into the flour mixture.
- Shake off the excess and then place on a greased baking sheet or wire rack.
- Once all the eggplant slices are on the baking sheet, evenly coat them with the cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes until browned, carefully remove.
- Once removed, carefully turn the eggplant slices and spray the other side.
- Place back in the oven for an additional 20 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Once they are fully cooked, using tongs, place one slice on a plate, then a slice of mozzarella and continue until all have been plated.
- Evenly pour warm marinara sauce over the top of them.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 About 12 Slices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 631Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 1025mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 7gSugar: 9gProtein: 34g