Get ready for a tasty dinner with these Walking Taco Salads!
Many moons ago back when I originally started this blog, I made a Walking Taco Salad. It was inspired by an event we went to that served Walking Taco Salads, and I just loved the idea better.
I loved the idea, but I loved our favorite family taco salad WAY better than the one served at the event.
How do you make Walking Taco Salad?
That just made me anxious to try this Walking Taco Salad at home. I love that it’s so simple and perfect for the kids too. We like to do a bar of sorts and have all the toppings set out to add to our bag of chips.
Although many times we use Fritos, the chip of choice is Nacho Cheese Doritos. I mean…what’s not to love about those?
Walking Taco Salads are perfect if you are on the go, or if you are not simply building your salad on a plate too with these same toppings…it works just as well. I usually end up going to a plate because I’m just way too messy!
The one thing I forgot was the black olives. That’s a sad day at our house, we love black olives! So, just a side note always remember the olives!
These can more commonly be known as Walking Tacos too. I like to use our Taco Salad recipe to make them, which is why I call them a Walking Taco Salad.
When should you make these?
All the time of course! Did you know that Walking Tacos are more of a midwestern thing? I actually only recently learned that and thought it was pretty interesting because we do in fact eat them quite a bit.
These are a go-to recipe for camping trips because they are so easy to put together and really you do not need many utensils because you can eat them right out of the bag.
We also like to do these as a Friday night dinner paired with a movie night or just outside especially in the summer months. It’s a great dinner for a pool night.
What do you need for Walking Tacos?
We prefer to use bags of Doritos; however, you can use Fritos too!
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Individual Sized Doritos or Fritos
- Ranch Style Beans
- Black Olives
- Shredded Cheese
- Catalina Dressing
Now, are you getting hungry for dinner time? I am! I could literally eat these EVERY DAY!
Walking Taco Salad
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef or Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
- 1 15 oz Can of Ranch Style Beans
- 1 2.25 oz Can of Sliced Black Olives
- 1 Head of Leafy Green Lettuce
- 12 Individual Bags of Doritos or Fritos
- Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Fat Free Catalina Dressing
- Brown the meat then add in the taco seasoning as instructed on the package.
- Next open the bags of chips and top them with the salad toppings. This includes the meat, the beans, olives, lettuce and cheese.
- Lastly, drizzle with fat free Catalina dressing, then serve!