Easy Taco Salad
Enjoy a delicious, lighter dinner with this Easy Taco Salad!
As we head into the new year, I don’t know about you but it’s time to reset our diets, this Easy Taco Salad is a great way to do just that. I won’t lie either, I’m about to eat the last piece of cake. It has to get out of the house somehow, right?
We had a gathering last night to welcome in 2018 and I made this amazing cake, Banana Pudding Poke Cake. It’s my new favorite but I also can’t resist it, so I can’t make it all the time but it’s certainly great to enjoy with friends and family. In the meantime though, now this week I’m planning out salads like this Easy Taco Salad!
This Easy Taco Salad was one of the first recipes that I learned to make when my husband and I got married. His mom always cooked and mine wasn’t as big of a fan of cooking so when we got married, I quickly learned to make several of the recipes she made. I guess I should say, my husband taught me. When we were first married and for several years after that, he always did the cooking.
It wasn’t until really I started this website that I truly started cooking regularly and now I do enjoy it…thing do change, don’t they?
There are a few variations of this, for instance you could easily use black beans or ground turkey instead of the ground beef and really lower the calories and nutrients too. I like to change it up occasionally; however, this Easy Taco Salad is a regular contender on our menu plan each week. It’s so simple, it works out perfectly one busy nights.
This week, everything starts back up for us from work to school to extra activities and basketball season…I’m bracing myself, plus adding Easy Taco Salad to our menu!
Are you ready for a delicious dinner? Whip up this salad tonight!
Easy Taco Salad
- 1 Lb Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 1 Package of Taco Seasoning
- 1 Head of Green Leafy Lettuce
- 1 15oz Can of Ranch Style Beans
- 1 2.25 oz Can of Sliced Black Olives or Chopped Olives
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
- Catalina Dressing
- Begin by browning the ground beef in a skillet, adding in the taco seasoning as instructed on the package.
- Next, prepare the salad, start by cutting the lettuce.
- Place a little bit on each plate with lettuce, meat, beans, olives, and tomatoes.
- Then, top with the cheese, dressing, and fritos.
Be sure to check out these great salad recipes too!