Do you ever have nights when you simply need something to eat that’s quick and easy? I have those nights! Especially right now! I had intended to make this a Lasagna Soup and if you have lasagna noodles on hand then it’s easy to do; however, I happened to have pasta spirals, so this will just be an Easy Pasta Soup.
This is a great example of a pantry meal and cooking from what you have on hand.
Enjoy this easy pantry style meal!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Easy Pasta Soup
- 1 Lb Ground Beef Cooked & Drained
- 1 Cup Pasta Cooked & Drained (or Gluten Free Pasta)
- 3 Cups Beef Broth
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 2 Roma Tomatoes Diced (or can of diced tomatoes)
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1 24 oz Jar of Pasta Sauce
- 1 Garlic Clove Crushed
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- Optional: Mozzarella Cheese
- In a large stock pot combine all ingredients except cheese and let simmer for 15 minutes or until it comes to a rolling boil.
- Once soup is done, serve topped with cheese.
- Note: Be sure that your pasta and ground beef are cooked before combining in the stock pot. It's best to cook pasta until it is just about done so that it does not overcook when simmering with the remaining soup ingredients. If you prefer, you can also add the uncooked pasta to the stock pot and let it simmer 30 minutes until pasta is fully cooked.