I have always felt that chicken needs a great marinade to enhance the flavor and taste, this Jerk Chicken brought a wonderful flavor to this meal!
When I told my husband I was making Jerk Chicken he just looked at me with a blank stare thinking that he misunderstood me. I had to explain to him that it’s the marinade and sauce over the chicken and it is really called Jerk Chicken.
This one can easily be prepared the night before then just let it sit in the fridge until you are ready to prepare the chicken. I prefer this grilled; however, you could bake it as well.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Grilled Jerk Chicken
- 6 Green Onions Diced
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Yellow Onion Sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Sliced (or Jalapeno if you like spice)
- 3/4 Cup Soy Sauce or Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup White Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Seasoned Salt
- 4 Medium Sized Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (Thawed)
- Begin by placing all the ingredients except for the chicken into a food processor and blend until you have a well combined marinade.
- Then, in a Ziploc bag, place the chicken in it and pour the marinade over it. I placed the bag in a pan just in case any leakage occurred; however, it did not.
- Let this marinate for a few hours, overnight, or throughout the day. I let mine marinate for a full 24 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the bag when ready to grill and grill on medium heat until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165*.