Make an Easy Classic Pumpkin Pie that happens to be gluten-free too!
One of my favorite things to make this time of year is pumpkin pie, this classic pumpkin pie is so simple to make at home, plus a good one to make gluten-free too.
I used to be scared of making pies, I always thought they were way too hard, but they are SO EASY…pumpkin pie may just be the easiest of all. It’s really only a matter of mixing ingredients and putting them in your pie shell.
Tips for making Classic Pumpkin Pie:
The key to a good pumpkin pie is letting it cool, remember to add time in to allow it to cool. This is best done in the fridge. It can easily be made in advance and left in the fridge for up to 4 days and it will still taste great.
If you do plan to make it and eat it on the same day, let it chill in the fridge for about 3-4 hours.
A 9-inch pie crust or pan works best for this, you can make your own pie crust or purchase one, that choice is up to you.
How do you make gluten-free pumpkin pie?
The filling for this pie is already gluten-free, so it’s best to find a gluten-free pie crust at the store or you can make your own as well. If you prefer a graham cracker crust for this pie, this gluten-free pie crust works well.
Lastly, if you prefer to make your own from scratch, this gluten-free pie crust is perfect for just that.
That’s the key, the crust. If you make the crust gluten-free, everything else is naturally gluten-free.
We love to serve our pumpkin pie with a little bit of whipped topping and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. When do you like to eat pumpkin pie? Of course, it’s a must for Thanksgiving but I typically wait and save a piece for the evening once everyone has gone on home.
It’s a nice way to unwind after a day of family and all that food!
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1 16-17 oz Can of Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 1 12 oz Can of Evaporated Milk
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Shell or Gluten-Free Pie Shell
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Begin by mixing the sugar, flour, salt, and spices.
- Add in the pumpkin then eggs, and milk.
- Next, pour the mixture into the prepared pie shell.
- Bake it in the oven on 450* for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350* and continue baking for 40 minutes or until when poked with a toothpick the toothpick comes out clean.
- Chill in fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Serve topped with your favorite pie toppings.