As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make a classic Pumpkin Pie this season.
Have you realized yet that we are literally knocking on the door to Thanksgiving? It’s next week! I can’t believe this. I know I have said it a lot, but really where did this year go?
I’m still trying to figure out if maybe I was in the newborn and infant daze so the year drifted away without me realizing it? I just cannot seem to understand how we are already into the holidays! I feel like we were just doing this holiday thing.
I mean it seems like just yesterday I was walking the malls, the halls of the hospital, the neighborhood, and bouncing on an exercise ball trying to get my contractions going…now, I’m planning a 1st birthday!
I also decided that I have put all my energy into my daughter’s 1st birthday in order to avoid the fact that just a week after her birthday I’m going to be turning the big 30! Yep, I’m staying 29 for life. That is all.
Now, back to the pie.
This is another recipe from my aunt’s collection, this one being for Pumpkin Pie. This was so simple to make and enjoyed by all! It can also be made crustless for those gluten free or by making your own pie crust with gluten free graham crackers and butter. Then, the flour can simply be switched out with a gluten free all purpose flour.
I am sure this was one of many pies to grace our holiday table growing up, and I am pretty excited to continue sharing this recipe of hers with my kids as they grow up.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1 16-17 oz Can of Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1 12 oz Can of Evaporated Milk
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Shell
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Begin by mixing the sugar, flour, salt, and spices.
- Add in the pumpkin then eggs, and milk.
- Next, pour the mixture into the prepared pie shell.
- Bake it in the oven on 450* for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350* and continue baking for 40 minutes or until when poked with a toothpick the toothpick comes out clean.
- Chill in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Serve topped with your favorite pie toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 576 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 60mg Sodium: 192mg Carbohydrates: 120g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 29g Sugar: 65g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 17g