As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
One of my amazing co-workers came in one day with this dish, and it looked absolutely delicious! We all bugged her until she sent us this recipe. I did adapt it a bit to fit what I had and what my family likes.
The fabulous thing about this recipe, is the leftovers are even better than it being fresh out of the oven, so it was a winner for us. The only thing we may do differently next time is cut down the sour cream, only because my husband and I do not like sour cream. If you like sour cream, keep it at the amount in the recipe, you will love it!
Enjoy Pam’s Chicken Wonderful!
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Cup Light Mayo
- 16 oz Light Sour Cream
- 1/2 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 16 oz Frozen Broccoli
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- Dash of Lemon Pepper
- Dash of Chili Powder
- 2 Cups Shredded Colby Jack Cheese, She uses 4 cups, 2 cups Colby and 2 cups cheddar. I went ahead and stuck with 2 cups though.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Season the chicken with the lemon pepper and then it can either be cooked in the skillet or boiled. Once it is fully cooked cut the chicken into cube pieces. Pour the lemon juice over the chicken and let it sit a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the rice and steam the broccoli as instructed on the packages.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, mayo, sour cream, soup, broccoli, cooked rice, and cooked chicken, mix well. In a 9 x 13 baking dish, pour 1/2 of the mixture on the bottom, then top with 1 cup of cheese. Add the remaining mixture and top with more cheese and a dash of chili powder.
- This will bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is fully melted.