One of my amazing co-workers came in one day with this dish, and it looked absolutely delicious! We all bugged her until she sent us this recipe. I did adapt it a bit to fit what I had and what my family likes.
The fabulous thing about this recipe, is the leftovers are even better than it being fresh out of the oven, so it was a winner for us. The only thing we may do differently next time is cut down the sour cream, only because my husband and I do not like sour cream. If you like sour cream, keep it at the amount in the recipe, you will love it!
Enjoy Pam’s Chicken Wonderful!
Pam’s Chicken Wonderful
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- Dash of Lemon Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Light Mayo
- 2 Cups Light Sour Cream (16 oz)
- 1/2 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup (5 oz)
- 2 Cups Frozen Broccoli (16 oz)
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- Dash of Chili Powder
- 2 Cups Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Season the chicken with the lemon pepper and then it can either be cooked in the skillet, boiled or grilled if not already done. Once it is fully cooked cut the chicken into cube pieces. Pour the lemon juice over the chicken and let it aside in a dish for a few minutes while preparing the rice.
- Boil the rice per the package instructions.
- Cook the broccoli per the package instructions.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, mayo, sour cream, soup, broccoli, cooked rice, and cooked chicken, mix well.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, pour 1/2 of the mixture on the bottom, then top with 2 cups of cheese (1 cup of each type of cheese).
- Add the remaining mixture on top and then an additional 2 cups of cheese and dash of chili powder.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted.