Get ready for a tasty dinner with the Easiest Slow Cooker Meatloaf!
This is an old recipe that I actually just updated, I originally shared this classic back in 2011. When I say that, it doesn’t seem like that long ago. Then, I realize that was 8 years ago…that is actually a LONG time ago. I really can’t get over how quickly time passes by.
One thing that I rely on quite a bit is slow cooker recipes. I’d go out on a limb and say my favorite recipes are either in a slow cooker or air fryer at this stage in life. Let’s face it though, we are typically all busy regardless of where we are in life, aren’t we?
Now, you can get dinner on the table and make it taste like you spent hours making it with the easiest Slow Cooker Meatloaf. I make this gluten-free as well by using gluten-free oats.
Should you use oats or crackers for Meatloaf?
Growing up, my mom always used crackers in meatloaf, not oats; however, being that I’m gluten-free oats are a better option. If you are making slow cooker meatloaf though, I have found that oats tend to hold up a lot better in the slow cooker too.
Can you use foil in the Slow Cooker?
I do use foil for this slow cooker meatloaf. The meat can be greasy and by using foil it catches a lot of that grease, and just makes for a lot less mess.
When making this slow cooker meatloaf, you will want to wrap the food with the foil around the side. That means you do not fully cover the meatloaf simply roll it up on the sides and it holds it all together well too.
Tips for Making the Easiest Slow Cooker Meatloaf:
It’s best to reserve some of the marinara sauce to add to the meatloaf as an additional sauce when you are serving the meatloaf.
One of our favorites to serve this meatloaf with is Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes. Mashed Potatoes are just a given with meatloaf in our household.
If you love a good meatloaf recipe with a little bit different sauce then be sure to try out this Tangy Meatloaf too.
What do you need for Slow Cooker Meatloaf?
- Ground Beef or Ground Chuck
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Garlic Powder
- Marinara Sauce or Meat Sauce
- Brown Sugar
This will definitely become a go-to for your quick dinner nights!
Enjoy a bite of Meatloaf!
- 2 Lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats or Gluten-Free Oats
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 16 oz Marinara Sauce (Meat Sauce)
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Onion, Diced
- In a large bowl combine the beef, eggs, oats, and garlic powder.
- Spray a sheet of foil with non-stick cooking spray, shape the loaf and place on the foil.
- Place the foil-wrapped meatloaf into the slow cooker. Make sure it's open and simply wrapping the sides.
- Using about 1/2 the jar of meat sauce, evenly pour over the meatloaf.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and top with onions.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove and drain off any excess liquid, serve with additional warm meat sauce.
We use Ragu Meat Sauce for this recipe; however, you can use any marinara sauce of your choice.