Creamy Dill Dip
Creamy Dill Dip is the perfect dip for any party!
At each holiday party while I was growing up, my aunt always came with a large bowl of dill dip surrounded by pumpernickel bread. I do not think I ever left the side of that dip. I remember hovering the table just so I could refill my plate with a heaping scoop of dill dip. If you are like me and could eat dill like candy, then this is the dip for you. It’s like chocolate for dill lovers. Is that possible? This Creamy Dill Dip is absolutely perfect for parties.
Yield: About 1 1/2 Cups
- 1/2 Cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 3 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Tbsp Dill Weed
- 1 Tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1 Tsp Chopped Onion Flakes
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- Round Pumpernickel Bread Loaf or Veggies if Gluten Free
- Begin by mixing the mayo, sour cream and cream cheese. Mix this well until it is no longer lumpy, then add in the remaining ingredients. I believe it taste best after being chilled in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Then, cut the center out of the pumpernickel bread loaf and pour it in the center of the loaf, serving with the chunks of bread. This is also delicious with veggies, pretzels, and chips.
- Note: I used dried herbs; however, you could use fresh but the amounts will need to be altered.
Note: This recipe is so good that I recommend doubling it!
This is a must have at any holiday occasion. I do normally double this recipe if I am taking to a large gathering. If you are like me and could eat this regularly, it can easily be adapted using low fat or fat free ingredients.
We like to serve this as a side with bread, chips, veggies, or even as a sandwich spread. We also enjoy it with chicken strips or nuggets too. It’s basically similar to a ranch dip, so all the things you serve ranch with, just swap it with this one. I am certain you will probably love it more than you love your ranch dip. I know we sure do!
I serve it at all of our parties and it’s rare we ever even have a drop left. Our friends enjoy it just as much as we do and almost always I make way more than we need just to be safe. Even when I make more, we are still almost out!
I made this specifically to post for my reader’s and within a day the entire bowl is gone. I give my husband credit though, he did eat most of it. I tried to my hardest to resist!
Enjoy this delicious Creamy Dill Dip!