This Gluten-Free Deep Dish Pizza is perfect for pizza night!
This Deep Dish Pizza will change your life and it’s all made right in a cast-iron skillet. It can be baked in the oven or grilled right on the grill outdoors.
I’ll say I do love this Air Fryer Pizza; however, during the summer months, we love to do pizza nights with this Deep Dish Pizza.
For years now, Friday night has been pizza and movie night, it’s a frugal family night that the kids of all ages look forward to.
How do you make Deep Dish Pizza?
The trick to this is to use the Cast Iron Skillet to form your dough. That way you can get it nice and thick to make this a deep-dish pizza.
After I had my dough in place, I baked it in the oven for about 10 minutes, carefully remove it and then covered it with our toppings.
I wanted the bubbly, toasted cheese so I put it under the broiler on high for about 2-3 minutes to get it nice and crisp. The key to that crispy cheese is broiling it so that it gets browned, but also be sure to keep a close eye on it…because too brown turns into burnt quickly.
It was perfection! Outside of grilled pizza, this one is a new favorite around our home, plus so simple to make!
How do you make Gluten-Free Deep Dish Pizza?
Be sure to try this crust for a tasty gluten-free Crust, Gluten-Free Pizza Crust. If you prefer, you can also make your own dough recipe with your favorite gluten-free flour.
We always use Better Batter All-Purpose Flour, it’s gluten-free and so easy to use in just about any recipe you can find as a 1:1 switch.
Pizza Crust Recipes:
Are you ready for pizza night? It’s time to eat up!
Deep Dish Pizza
- Prepared Pizza Dough
- 1 Cup of Pizza Sauce
- Pizza Toppings Pepperoni, Olives, Sausage, Etc.
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Spray a cast iron skillet (12 inch) with non-stick cooking spray, then shape the dough into the skillet.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until the dough sets.
- Carefully remove and add the sauce plus the toppings.
- Put back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Once it's nicely cooked, place under the broiler on high for about 2-3 minutes until the cheese is slightly toasted.