Deep Dish Hawaiian Pizza
Get ready for the big game with this Deep Dish Hawaiian Pizza! This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of RAGÚ® Homestyle Pasta Sauce. All opinions are entirely my own.
The major holidays are officially behind us and that just means one thing…it’s time for GAME DAY parties! The big game is ahead and in order to prepare for game day, that means making a touchdown with all the food to serve guests. One thing that my husband and I love to serve at parties is our own pizza. I like to make a variety of homemade pizzas because then I can make them gluten-free too. I am a little biased but I love my own gluten-free pizzas. I decided this time to whip up this Deep Dish Hawaiian Pizza for game day.
The key for this pizza is of course the sauce, I used RAGÚ® Homestyle Pasta Sauce in the cheese variety and it was perfection. Right now, you can even save on your game day foods at your local Kroger. Right now, you can download a coupon for $.75 off any one Homestyle Sauce. That makes them less than $1 in many stores, what a deal!
Ever since I started using this sauce, I can’t stop. It uses farm grown ingredients like vine ripened tomatoes and herbs. There are no artificial flavors or preservatives and of course the taste is just sauce perfection. Now, I had a decision to make too on which variety to use for this pizza, but the cheese variety really enhanced the entire dish. I also decided to use fresh mozzarella then broil the pizza to get it nice and browned on top. I think overall this pizza had a great lasagna feel even though it was in fact a pizza, a delicious one at that.
Of course, I’ve used all the varieties; you can pick up the RAGÚ Homestyle Traditional Pasta, RAGÚ Homestyle Cheese Pasta Sauce, RAGÚ Homestyle Meat Pasta Sauce, and the RAGÚ Homestyle Roasted Garlic Sauce at your local Kroger. I’ve used each of these in a variety of meals including stuffed mushrooms too, which pair well for game day.
Deep Dish Hawaiian Pizza
- 1/4 Oz Packet of ActiveDry Yeast
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Cups Flour or Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Cup RAGÚ Homestyle Pasta Sauce
- Pineapple Chunks
- Canadian Bacon
- Fresh Mozzarella (Sliced or Grated)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yeast, water, and oil.
- Place the flour in a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour, add in the yeast mixture.
- Mix with the dough attachment until well combined, add additional water if necessary.
- Let the dough sit covered for 30 minutes.
- Once ready to prepare the pizza, preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Roll out the dough and shape to fit a greased 12 inch cast iron skillet.
- Place the crust in the oven for 10 minutes at 400*F.
- Carefully remove and add toppings.
- Place the pizza back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Broil on low for 5 minutes until the cheese is lightly browned.
- Cool and serve.
Now as we prepare for game day, pizza is a top choice so I made a variety of these Deep Dish Pizzas. I love to make these in my cast iron skillet because it ensures I get that deep dish crust, then I can just put the whole skillet right on the table and serve from it too. Along with that we have some other favorites too, like Dill Dip and Veggies, that always makes an appearance too.
Do you have game day favorites that you go to for the big game? I’d love to hear them!
Now, remember head over to Kroger and SAVE on your favorite RAGÚ Homestyle Pasta Sauce. Also follow along for more ideas at #RaguTailgating