As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Pecan Cream Cake is one of the best kept secrets, it’s a classic!
Delicious? Right? I have to admit so far all of my Decades of Desserts recipes have never failed me. My great great aunt knew what she was doing!
Last week I shared the Pecan Rum Cake and this week it’s all about Pecan Cream Cake.
My husband picked up fresh pecans from a local farm in town so I have been on a pecan kick although, I’m allergic to them so I can’t eat them.
He loves them and basically my entire family does so I try to cook with them when I can.
How to make Pecan Cream Cake
As soon as he walked in from work, I had this Pecan Cream Cake waiting on the stove. My husband took a bite then ask me if it was gluten free.
Typically, if he ask that then I wonder if it taste funny. He then tells me how he can’t believe that was gluten free because it was amazing. Well, it is gluten free!
He took another huge slice then had another one later in the day. I had to remind him that the cake did have a TON of butter in it.
Safe to say…this one is a keeper!
I decided to only ice the middle and top; however, my husband requested the entire cake be iced next time because he loved the icing so much.
I thought it would be a bit too sweet with the entire cake iced but apparently according to my husband the sweeter, the better.
I shared this with my family and they all enjoyed it! It’s now being requested for upcoming parties!
Next week, I’ll be sharing a wrap up of all my Decades of Desserts recipes then we’ll be moving on to even more tasty treats.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 1 Cup Butter, Softened
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Shaved Coconut
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 8 oz Package Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Butter Flavoring
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, beating well.
- Add in the flour and baking soda, continue mixing.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla, continue mixing.
- Add each egg one at a time.
- Stir in the coconut and pecans.
- Pour into 2 greased 9 inch cake pans.
- Bake in the oven on 350* for 30 minutes or until done.
- Once cake is fully cooled, ice with the icing.
- Cream the cheese and butter then add in in the powdered sugar. Beat this well adding in flavoring then mix in the nuts.
- Note: It should have a similar consistency to butter cream, slightly thinner.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1139Total Fat: 69gSaturated Fat: 32gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 239mgSodium: 636mgCarbohydrates: 122gFiber: 4gSugar: 82gProtein: 14g