If you are ready for THE BEST No Bake Cookies then these Peanut Butter Oatmeal No Bake Cookies are waiting for you!
This may be the best no bake cookie recipe I have ever made. I’m not kidding…the best.
Many times in the past when I make no bake cookies they don’t always setup correctly or harden enough.
What is the most important part of making No Bake Cookies?
The key I’m told is the cook time being sure that you let them boil just the right amount of time without going over.
I may have hit it right with this one or it may have also been the ingredients but these setup beautifully.
They were also very rich and decadent.
We literally ate through 2 dozen of these in less than 24 hours, which is exactly why I do not make them all the time.
More about Peanut Butter Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
I found this recipe in one of my aunt’s old cookbooks that the people in her town put together. This one was from 1961 a woman named Mrs. Mildred Taylor of Dexter, Missouri.
She was a school teacher and from the sounds of it, she had her students make these possibly in a home economics class.
The original recipes was made to yield 150.
I cut them down to yield 24; however, I may make them again and then take them to friends and family which would need a higher yield.
Do you use Crunchy or Creamy Peanut Butter in No Bake Cookies?
I also decided to use Crunchy Peanut Butter in my cookies instead of creamy.
I really liked the nuts added to the cookies because of the peanut butter.
They gave it an even more delicious taste.
Are you ready to make these yet? Writing about them makes me want to make another couple dozen…my scale tells me no though. Bummer.
Eat a few for me… or 10!
If you prefer to make your own peanut butter, head on over to Chew the World to find out how.
Here are a few of my favorite to make these with, remember these are affiliate links.
PB Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter Crunchy or Creamy
- 2 1/2 Cups Quick Cooking Oats or Gluten Free Oats
- Prepare cookie sheets with greased wax paper or parchment paper then set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, put sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk. Cook the mixture up until it boils. Let it boil for 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Add in the salt, vanilla, and peanut butter. Stir it well until the peanut butter is melted.
- Stir in the oatmeal and mix thoroughly.
- Drop in spoonfuls onto the wax paper and let harden.
- Makes approximately 2 dozen.