As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
I’ve taken a break the past few weeks from Decades of Desserts for a few reasons, one being that we were moving, then traveling, then sickness decided to enter our home. I am ready for it to be out of here and spring to come. These past few days we have been spoiled with spring weather after what seems like a never ending winter this year for us in Oklahoma. I know it’s a trick though because I am sure the weather will be cold again soon, although I’ll keep praying against that!
In the meantime, I’m warming up inside with this Old English Apple Pie. This recipe came from another one of my aunt’s that just recently passed away and in the midst of that, I was given her recipe collection. I love reading through the collection because I feel like I am learning more about her.
This Old English Apple Pie would be absolutely delicious paired with a side of vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream. It’s similar to my Apple Crisp recipe that I have posted in the past except it’s sort of a mini version.
It’s quick to put together in just about 10 minutes, then I baked it for an hour until the apples were nice and tender, the smell drifting through the air in our home was wonderful.
This is one of those that topped over a little frozen yogurt, it turns into the perfect sweet little snack for the family.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 3 Medium Sized Apples, Sliced
- 4 Tbsp Water
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Stick Butter, Divided
- 1 Cup Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- In a 9 inch pie pan, place the sliced apples on the bottom, then pour water evenly over the apples.
- Cream together the brown sugar and 3/4 of the stick of butter. Mix this cream mixture into the flour, it will become very crumbly.
- Crumble the topping over the apples.
- Slice the remaining butter and place over the crumb topping.
- Bake at 325* for 1 hour or until apples are tender.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 29gProtein: 4g