We are heading right along into the Christmas Holiday! That means lots of pie, friends. Lots of pie! In my great great Aunt’s collection she had an old Braum’s brochure with lots of holiday recipes in it. One that looked interesting to me was Egg Nog Pie.
I love Egg Nog! I know it is either a love it or hate it product but I love it! The pie looked so easy to whip up plus even better…it’s no bake! That means, you can easily put it together then let it set in the fridge and you have a pie ready to go the following day. I did make a few adaptions to it, primarily omitting the eggs. I really have a hard time adding eggs to something that really is not cooked, so that went out.
My husband who hates egg nog, he actually loved this too. It can be made in a gluten free pie shell or a gluten filled pie shell. I decided to go simple on this and do a store bought pie shell. My husband really liked the flavor the graham cracker pie shell gave it.
Are you ready for a slice of pie?
Egg Nog Pie
- 1 1/4 Cups Egg Nog
- 1 Tbsp Gelatin
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Pie Shell
- 1. In a small sauce pan, heat egg nog until boiling, then remove from heat.
- 2. Dissolve the gelatin in the water and then add to the egg nog.
- 3. Beat whipping cream and powdered sugar until fluffy, adding in the vanilla.
- 4. Fold the whipping cream mixture into the egg nog mixture.
- 5. Mix well then pour into the pie shell.
- 6. Sprinkle with Nutmeg.
- 7. Leave in fridge at least 12 hours or until set.
Adapted From: Braum’s Holiday Recipes
Be sure to check out Gingerbread Cake too!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.