This Strawberry Pie is a go-to this time of year, it’s wonderful with fresh strawberries.
It’s that time of year when strawberries are so beautiful and delicious, I can’t help but to bake with them on a daily basis. My daughter absolutely LOVES strawberries, she could eat them all day. Then, one day she did eat several and the next day I thought she was covered in mosquito bites.
As it turns out she has an intolerance to strawberries, so what I thought were bites turned out to be hives.
Now, here we are many years later since this has now been updated and she is still allergic to strawberries! I was really hoping she would grow out of that, but meanwhile the rest of our family still enjoys this pie.
I absolutely hate this for her, I’ve started to hide the strawberries up high in the fridge because she tries to get into them so much.
As soon as she has them though she gets a bad rash almost immediately, although her allergy test was negative for them, it’s clear she’s sensitive.
My baby could not partake in this pie, but for those that can eat strawberries, it’s absolutely delicious!
How do you make Strawberry Pie?
This recipe is from a small town cookbook published in 1971. It’s super easy and perfect for summer. It’s like an icebox pie and it’s a classic.
I’ve even thought now that I should make it with blackberries or blueberries too. We have both strawberries and blackberries growing in our backyard so maybe soon I’ll try it with blackberries.
Are you ready to eat up? I know I’m anxious to make this one again, it’s just a timeless.
Enjoy this wonderful pie and let me know, what is your favorite summer pie?
- 3 Eggs Beaten
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Cups Strawberries Sliced
- 1 Prepared Pie Crust or Gluten Free Pie Crust
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Container of Cool Whip or Real Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Mix together the eggs, sugar, flour, salt, and nutmeg. Set Aside.
- Fill the pie crust with the sliced strawberries.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the sliced strawberries.
- Dot the top of the egg mixture with butter.
- Bake in the oven at 400* for 40 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Top with Cool Whip and serve. It can also be topped with a few additional strawberries and cinnamon.