Our garden flourished this year with tomatoes up until the heat started soaring; however, we were able to salvage several tomatoes and make delicious sandwiches out of them. Then, while I was at the store I found cucumbers on sale and thought what a great lunch or dinner to be able to make these sandwiches and avoid the oven!
We decided to make this a meatless meal; however, while eating them we thought bacon would be a great addition to them. Next time I make them, I will likely add some as my husband isn’t really big on meatless meals. I also decided instead of simply using cream cheese, to use my dill dip recipe as the spread. Delicious!
Note: For those eating gluten free, I would suggest using gluten free bread. I did try it with a corn tortilla, which is fine to eat cold; however, when I tried to toast it that did not work so well.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Cucumber Tomato Sandwich
- 1 Large Cucumber Grated
- 1 Large Tomato Sliced
- Flour Tortillas
- Dill Dip
- Dill Dip Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 3 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Tbsp Dill Weed
- 1 Tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1 Tsp Chopped Onion Flakes
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- Start by making the dill dip, combining all ingredients and mix them well.
- Next, spread some dill dip on 2 flour tortillas, just as you would while making a sandwich. Sprinkle some grated cucumber on one tortilla and place tomato on top of that. Place another tortilla on top and then you can either eat it cold at this point or you can use a Panini Press or Quesadilla Maker to seal the sides and toast it.