These crockpot chicken nachos are an easy, family-friendly dinner you can customize to suit your tastes. There’s nothing like a filling Mexican-inspired meal!
Nachos are a great go-to meal even better when you can make Crockpot Chicken Nachos!
As it turns out, these crockpot chicken nachos are wonderful and kid-approved. The chicken is tender and juicy, topped with melted cheese and all your favorite nacho fixings.
Follow this recipe and you’ll have a dinner your whole family will enjoy! Plus, you can use the chicken mixture inside tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, burritos, etc. It’s fantastic and versatile!
Crockpot Chicken Nachos: FAQs
If you had any questions about this recipe, check this section, and I may have answered them already!
What additions do you recommend?
This recipe for chicken nachos in a slow cooker is highly customizable. Whatever you like on your nachos, in general, will pair great with this recipe. Some examples include…
- Sliced black olives
- Sliced peppers (there are green chilis already in the Rotel, but you may want more…or a different pepper entirely!)
- Diced red onions (I tend to use green, but red onions are also perfect)
- Diced avocado or guacamole
- Refried beans (this works well as a side, too)
- Also, serving the mixture with rice or on top of lettuce always hits the spot!
Remember that you’ll want to add most of these after the chicken is cooked and ready to serve.
I can’t find Rotel! What substitutions do you recommend?
If you can’t find or don’t like Rotel, you can make your own to your liking with diced tomatoes, green chilis, and a taco seasoning or Mexican seasoning mix. Another decent Rotel substitute is tomato puree + taco seasoning or Mexican seasoning mix.
How should I store these crockpot nachos?
They should be fine for 3-4 days refrigerated in an airtight container.
When you want to reheat them, just use the microwave, stovetop, or crockpot in the “warm” setting.
Remember though they are best served immediately.
Can you make these crockpot nachos in advance?
Not the entire meal, but the cooked chicken mixture, yes. Reheat it and serve it on top of the nachos whenever you’re ready.
Can you freeze crockpot chicken nachos?
You can freeze the cooked chicken for up to 3 months in a freezer-safe container. However, I wouldn’t try freezing the whole meal (nachos and all).
Did you enjoy these crockpot nachos?
Had some wild nacho cravings lately? Turn on this recipe in the morning and you’ll have a perfect Mexican-style dinner by the time you get home from work!
If you loved this crockpot chicken with Rotel, leave a comment below. Feel free to ask any clarifying questions, too…because if I can’t help out, someone else certainly can!
Try my other chicken recipes, like my salsa chicken, teriyaki chicken, and coconut chicken curry.
Crock Pot Chicken Nachos
- 4 Medium Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 10 oz Can of Rotel
- 1 Can Drained Black Beans (15oz)
Nachos Toppings of Choice
- Tortilla Chips
- Queso or Melted Cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- Green Onions
- Black Olives
- Chopped Cilantro
- In a 6-quart crockpot or slow cooker, place a liner in the crock pot or coat it with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Top the chicken evenly with the Rotel and Black Beans.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Use 2 forks to shred up the chicken.
- Place your tortilla chips on a plate or sheet pan and top with your toppings of choice. (Note – If you need to melt the cheese, you can place the tortillas on a baking sheet, top them with cheese and then bake in the oven at 350*F for 5-10 minutes, then continue with topping the nachos.)
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the chicken and top the nachos with the chicken and any additional toppings.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Chris @ TheKeenanCookBook says
Simple and delicious.. We love Mexican. Make something Mexican at least once a week (any excuse to eat avocado’s)
Rachel @ Not Rachael Ray says
Yum. Crockpot? LOVE. Chicken? LOVE. Nachos? LOVE!
Kristina @ Love and Zest says
UMMM THANK YOU! Trying to find a quick crockpot chicken recipe before heading to work. Super fast, and I love how it cooks for 8 hrs! Ingredients are in the pot now, and will turn it on just before I leave. Love your site too, super cute.
Thank you! I hope you enjoy it tonight!!
Sue at Blu says
why didn’t I think of this? Genius. Pinned.
Yum, this sounds so delicious! Thanks for sharing at the TFT party!
Allyson @ Southern Sunflowers says
Looks so appetizing and colorful with all those veggies ~ yum! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty.