This past week I spent some time at Walmart shopping for Kraft Anything Dressing to go with some Gluten Free Baked Mozzarella Sticks. I was craving Mozzarella Sticks ever since I saw these Baked Mozzarella Sticks on SkinnyTaste.com. I knew I would need to adapt the recipe a bit to fit my gluten free self but the perfect dipping sauce is a must of good mozzarella sticks, so I decided to try out Kraft Pourables! I adapted the method a bit on this recipe as well as using gluten free substitutes, luckily you can find gluten free bread crumbs and flours which made me happy!
As soon as I walked down the aisle at Walmart for Kraft Anything Dressing, I found it funny the amount of types of ranch dressing that are available. I know in Oklahoma we are ranch dressing junkies, but I never realized how many types you can purchase!
If you are in a rut as to what to make with Kraft Anything Dressing then be sure and check out the demos that will be held at Walmart stores around the country this month showcasing all the uses of Kraft Anything Dressing!
Once I got home from my shopping trip it was time to get creative. I decided to combine Creamy Italian and Sun Dried Tomato to make a wonderful creamy tomato dip! My husband and I loved the tangy Italian flavor and thought it complimented our Mozzarella Sticks well.
I overcooked my mozzarella sticks just a bit by accident but that did not stop them from tasting amazing! I am now planning to make more for next week too and have all the ingredients back on my grocery list. I won’t lie these did not even last 24 hours and we had eaten them all! Not only are they tasty but they are not loaded with fat and calories either!
Let’s get on to this delicious recipe!
Be sure and follow along on Twitter with #AnythingDressing and on Facebook!
What is your favorite Kraft Anything dressing?
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Kraft #CBias #SocialFabric All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Creamy Tomato Dip and Baked Mozzarella Sticks
- 12 Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 2 Tbsp Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs or Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tsp Basil
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Tsp Rosemary
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1/2 Cup Kraft Creamy Italian Anything Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Kraft Sun Dried Tomato Anything Dressing
- Begin by cutting the mozzarella sticks in 1/2 to make 24 sticks. Then, place them in freezer safe storage and let them freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Once they are well frozen remove from freezer, also preheat oven to 400*.
- Place beaten egg in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine all remaining flour, bread crumbs, and spices in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Dip each cheese stick in the egg then the bread crumb mixture, place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Once all have been coated, spray the tops with baking spray.
- Baked at 400* for 5 minutes then turn and do another 5 minutes.
- While these are baking combine the dip ingredients and mix well.
- Serve with Creamy Tomato Dip.
- Note: Using Panko Bread Crumbs makes it have a more crunchy taste, for us we used Gluten Free Bread Crumbs which still tasted delicious.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
April Decheine says
Yum looks delicious!! I am looking at making more gluten free meals!
Rachel Tiller says
That looks great!
Melissa Lawler says
My daughter will be thrilled when she sees this! She has been craving cheese sticks!
Patricia Cook says
This is such a yummy idea! I know it would be a big hit with my family on football Sunday!
What a great idea! I bet I can even get the boys involved in making them (which leads to a much better chance of my picky eaters actually eating them)!
[email protected] says
A slightly overcooked mozz stick is still a good mozz stick girl. I’d take quite a few off your hands. That dip sounds addictive!
So making those sticks tomorrow 🙂
Arlene @FlourOnMyFace says
Yummy! Your mozzarella sticks look so good. I’ve never made homemade but your recipe makes me want to try them out.
Jules from A Little Bite of Life says
Creamy tomato sounds so delectable with the mozzarella sticks-what a nice combination of flavors!
I saw the sun dried tomato dressing, I really want some now. It sounded really good. The dip and Mozzarella sticks look great!