Creamy Corn Salad is a great side dish for picnics and all sorts of dinners!
Are you full swing into grilling season? We are! One of our favorite sides is a good corn salad. I prefer the creamy corn salad, which pairs perfectly with all of our grilled meats. One thing I love to do is mix some fresh veggies with canned veggies. One of the best side dishes is this Creamy Corn Salad.
I mentioned last year for those that followed along with our garden adventure, our corn was a flop! It actually looked very promising, but it was eaten with bugs. Lots of bugs…enough that I didn’t want to touch the corn.
So…this year, we vetoed the corn in the garden! That means I have a lot of other great veggies for my corn salad, but I do not have corn.
I ended up heading to the store to pick up some canned Sweet Corn! It paired perfectly with this delicious salad, and I think that sweet corn gave it an extra burst of flavor! Of course, you can always use fresh or even frozen corn too.
I also used plenty of fresh dill…of course.
Why wouldn’t I?
I’m obsessed with dill.
I did notice that I’m not nearly as obsessed with it as I was last year when I was pregnant. I think I lived on pickles for at least the first 4 months of pregnancy!
Back to this salad.
We paired ours with seasoned and grilled chicken along with some tasty fried potatoes! That made the perfect southern inspired dish.
Have you started to plant your garden yet? The biggest issue we have is keeping the pesky bugs out of the corn. Have that issue?
Our corn always grows nice and tall, but then it gets taken over by various bugs. It’s interesting how a garden brings all the bugs and critters to the yard, isn’t it? It’s their own personal grocery store.
Be sure to try some more delicious garden fresh recipes.
Creamy Corn Salad
- 2 Cans Del Monte Sweet Corn
- 3 Green Onions Chopped
- 1 Medium Tomato Diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Medium Size Cucumber Diced
- 8 Oz Reduced Fat Cream Cheese Softened
- 1/4 Cup Light Hellman's Mayo
- 1-2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Dill to taste
- 1/2 Lime
- Shaved Mozzarella Cheese optional
- In a large bowl, mix all veggies together.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, mayo, and dill.
- Combine the cream cheese mixture with the mixed veggies then squeeze the juice from half a lime over the corn salad.
- Stir well to mix together.
- Add additional dill to taste.
- Then, if you'd like, top it with cheese and serve!