Creamy Chicken Casserole is a delicious dinner that is the perfect comfort meal!
One of my go-to favorite recipes is Chicken & Rice. My mom made it for us as kids frequently, so it’s still a staple in our household. Nowadays though, I make it gluten-free. I also like to mix it up from time to time too. This Creamy Chicken Casserole is one of our personal favorites.
This particular time, I decided to use shredded rotisserie chicken instead of cooking chicken breast. Then, I used a bag of frozen veggies, rice, chicken broth, and gluten-free cream of mushroom. This dish can even be prepared the night before, then when you come in from work, simply pop it in the oven and bake it. That’s it, simple!
I feel like I loose a few hours of my life each day in the carpool line, so knowing that I have dinner ready to go as soon as we get home frees up my time. Of course, then that time is used to help my son with his homework, but it allows me to focus on my kids and not so much on dinner. Sometimes that’s just necessary during this busy season we are in!
I highly suggest adding this one to your menu. It can easily be made gluten-free or gluten-filled it’s up to you. I enjoy making this when I need a quick meal but also am craving comfort food too. It’s a one dish dinner that the entire family will enjoy.
Ready for dinner? Let’s eat some Creamy Chicken Casserole!
If you are looking for more be sure to head over to my Fall Favorites!
Creamy Chicken Casserole
- 2 Cups Shredded Cooked Chicken
- 2 Cups White Rice Uncooked
- 1 12 oz Bag of Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 2 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 1 10.5 oz Can of Cream of Mushroom or Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the rice and chicken on the bottom, then add in the vegetables.
- Evenly pour the chicken broth and cream soup over the chicken and rice.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350*.
- Carefully remove from oven and stir up to avoid the rice from drying out. At this point, if it is getting dry, add an additional cup of broth or water.
- Place back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!