This past week I set out to make a delicious muffin that was both perfect for a breakfast, brunch, or a snack and also dairy free! I’m on a dairy free diet right now, so I decided to use a dairy free alternative with Silk Soy Milk.
Now, on top of being dairy free, I used gluten free flour also; however, these can be made with regular flour as well.
I have fallen in love with their Silk Coconut Milk; however, I wanted to use the Silk Soy Milk in the vanilla flavor for these muffins. I knew that boost of vanilla would add the perfect touch. It may sound odd to say but I love that silk really is a silky and smooth dairy alternative. It is so creamy that it adds the perfect texture and flavor to baked items.
One of the best parts about the Silk brand is that they are Non GMO Project Verified meaning that it is not genetically modified. This is a huge factor in our foods right now and being clearly stated on the carton is a great way to let the consumer know immediately if it is a GMO product or not.
Another great thing about the Vanilla Soy Milk is that it is rich in Omega-3s and antioxidants. On top of these benefits Silk Soy Milk also has as much calcium as milk and 6 grams of soy protein.
Now, are you ready to use it in these muffins? It is the perfect fit!
This recipe is simple as you mix all the ingredients together, folding in the dried cranberries or slowly mixing them in. Then, it’s time to fill up the muffin cups and bake!
I like to fill up the muffin cups until nearly the top when making this recipe. This recipe will easily make a dozen muffins or 24 mini muffins.
The result? A warm, delicious cranberry orange muffin that is silky smooth and bursting with flavor!
They did not last long through taking photos, I had to eat a few too!
And do did he…
Did I mention that muffins are the perfect kid friendly food? I love them, I stuff them with a variety of things including hot dogs and veggies, more on that in another post soon!
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® and WhiteWave #cbias #SocialFabric All thoughts, opinions, and recipe are my own.
Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 2 Cups Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Zest from 1 Small Orange About 1/2 Tbsp
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Silk Vanilla Soy Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 375*.
- Add all ingredients except the cranberries in order into a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Then, mix well until batter is well formed, fold in the dried cranberries.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray or using muffin wrappers, fill close to the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until with a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin it comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar on top.
- This recipe makes 12 regular size muffins or 24 mini muffins.