Back in the beginning of this site, I made this Cornbread Beans & Pie. I have finally got around to updating the pictures and thought I would re-share it with you. This is one of my husband’s favorites! I guess it’s all those meat and beans that make it a cowboy style meal? It’s something my husband relates a lot to eating with his grandma, so that may be part of his favoritism of it too!
This is such an easy dish and perfect for pantry cooking nights too! The first time I made this, I used a Jiffy Cornbread Mix; however, it can also be made with Homemade Cornbread. The cook time will need to be adjusted because you want to be sure the cornbread is fully cooked; however, it will still work the same! I made it recently with my Homemade Cornbread recipe and it was tasty!
I hope you all enjoy this comfort meal!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
Cornbread Bean Pie
- 1 Box of Corn Muffin Mix
- 1/3 Cup of Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Taco Seasoning Packet
- 1 Can of Ranch Style Beans
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Corn
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Mix the corn muffin mix, milk, and egg until a smooth consistency is formed and set aside.
- In a large skillet brown the meat and add the taco seasoning as instructed on the packet.
- In a medium skillet warm the beans and corn, then add in the cooked and seasoned ground beef. Let this simmer for 5 minutes. Pour this mixture into a 9inch pie pan and spread the corn muffin mixture on top.
- This will bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the corn muffin mix is completely done.