As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
As I mentioned in when I posted the recipe for Bean Burritos, beans just are not my thing! My husband, however, loves them and he especially loves beans and cornbread. I have found an alternative to the typical beans and cornbread, that I enjoy just as much!
- 1 Box of Corn Muffin Mix
- 1/3 Cup of Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Taco Seasoning Packet
- 1 Can of Ranch Style Beans
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Corn
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Mix the corn muffin mix, milk, and egg until a smooth consistency is formed and set aside.
- In a large skillet brown the meat and add the taco seasoning as instructed on the packet.
- In a medium skillet warm the beans and corn, then add in the cooked and seasoned ground beef. Let this simmer for 5 minutes. Pour this mixture into a 9inch pie pan and spread the corn muffin mixture on top.
- This will bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the corn muffin mix is completely done.
This recipe is linked to Sunday Suppers @ Deep South Dish.