This was nice and creamy with lots of veggies which made it the perfect soup on a cold winter day. We paired this soup with Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 1/2 Lb Bacon Cooked
- 2 Stalks Celery Chopped
- 1 Small White Onion Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 14.75 oz Can Cream Style Corn
- 1 15.25 oz Can Corn
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Skim Milk
- 2 Medium Potatoes Cubed
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- In a large stock pot on medium heat, melt the butter, then add in the cooked bacon, celery, and onion. Let this simmer until the onion is slightly browned.
- Add in the cream corn and regular corn, chicken broth, milk, and potatoes. Let this cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes, at this point it should come to a rolling boil then lower the heat slightly.
- Lastly, add in the flour, and stir continuously until it is completely dissolved. Let this cook an additional 15-20 minutes until the soup has thickened.